Monday January 23, 2017
Roasted Cauliflower and Parsnip Soup with Fresh Parsley Oil
- 3 Cups Chopped Cauliflower
- 1-2 Medium to Large Parsnips
- ½ Cup Chopped Carrots
- ½ 1 medium to large sweet onion
- 36oz Vegetable Stock
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Parsley
- Preheat your oven to 425°
- Add a little olive oil to a large sheet pan or baking dish, you may need to use 2
- Add all your vegetables to the sheet pan and distribute evenly, place in the oven and roast for approximately 30-45 minutes. You want to ensure all the vegetables are cooked through and have begun to brown a bit, try to avoid burning them.
- Once the vegetables are done, remove them from the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Scoop your vegetables into a blender or food processor filling approximately to the fill line. Pour vegetable stock over the vegetables to just cover them and blend until smooth, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Add the puree to an appropriately sized soup pot on medium heat.
- Continue this until all vegetables have been pureed.
- Let simmer slowly for approximately 30 minutes adding vegetable stock as need for desired consistency. Soup should coat the back of a spoon, but not be think and clumpy.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop half a bunch of fresh Italian parsley and place into your blender, add ¼ of olive oil and blend until smooth. Add olive oil as needed to maintain a liquid consistency.
Serve soup in large soup bowls and drizzle a small amount of parsley oil to garnish!
General Manager - Shady Lane Cellars